February 17, 2005

Morning Misadventure #89

This morning, I waited in the taxi queue for a good 40 minutes before caving in and calling for one. The wait wasn't all that bad, thanks to the iProd. But I didn't think I had a chance in getting a ride anytime soon.

So I called the cab companies. Waited a good 10 minutes before they assigned me one (#4524) and I left the queue.

And whaddya know? Immediately after, 4 cabs pulled up. Bastards.

It gets better.

So my cab came. I got in. Started reading a book. 10 minutes later, swanky information display system caught my eye. And it had details of my booking. The destination was about the same. But wait a minute, that's not my name. Or not my phone number. So I looked around for the cab ID and to my horror, it's #4732.

Miss Wu, I'm sorry I stole your cab.