February 14, 2005

Detour

My mood made a sharp turn towards Happy Lane this evening when I went to a friend's to watch High Fidelity.

We like how Nick Hornby is honest about men being arses. And we loves the John Cusack. But what we adore even more is Jack Black being more than a little goofy (sha na na na na na na). One of my favourite movie moments featuring Jack is more than a little inspirational.

I've been really tryin, baby
Tryin to hold back these feeling for so long
And if you feel, like I feel... sugar
Come on...

If you get on a stage and croon that to me, I'm so yours. So very much. All night. All weekend. All month. All year. For life.

Lip-sync if you will - Marvin won't mind. Make a fool of yourself - and I'll be a fool for you. Because that... is how you ask someone to make babies with you.

Seriously, that's not too much to ask for, right? :)