May 21, 2005

Ink

It appears that I might get a new tattoo next weekend or the one after. It's a doodle of mine, something I've a penchant to do. Boy standing next to tree. On my shoulder or wrist.

After much soul-searching, I figured that the reason why it keeps showing up on my journals is that it's a reminder to look to the times when things were simple and pure. And to hope that they'll be that way again sometime soon. Did I just make that up? I don't think so.

Pfft.

I'm both scared and excited. My 2nd tattoo was supposed to be a Miffy artwork but I decided to etch only personal artwork on my body. Like my Celtic shamrock knotwork here. (Photo taken 2 days after inking. This is what the healing process looks like. Scabby. Dry. Nerve-wrecking.)



The pain then... was a bizarre kinda lovely. Thinking about feeling it again is making my spine go tingly.

What?