May 26, 2005

Hard as nails?

So when someone coined that term, they must have meant the nails you use to hang up pictures right? Not those thingies that sit on your fingers and toes? Because I managed to break my thumb nail again.

While putting my shoes on!

Train ride was uneventful except for getting a seat. And when I arrived at the office, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my desk wasn't filled with jobs. Just one or two simple briefs. But I have a couple of radio spots to write. Which are always fun.

Checked my emails and I got the worst reminder to date this week. Office cleaning ends tomorrow for inspection and my desk, as usual, is a mess of papers, books and knick-knacks. It didn't help that while I was away yesterday, someone decided to dump an assortment of plastic and paper rubbish (rejected layouts) on my table.

Anyone up for some cleaning? $5 an hour (you must finish in 2 hours). Plus 2 pints of beer. Call me.