May 26, 2005

New day, new beginnings

I had the most vivid dreams last night. I was reading The Twelfth Card at 6pm or so when I felt drained (could be the meds), and I fell asleep. The surrounding noises woke me up sporadically but I was able to get right back to sleep pretty much immediately.

So when I finally woke up to quiet and a dim light peering through the gap under my door, I thought, "Wow. That was pretty restful. It's morning already?" and wondered how much snooze time I could get.

Timecheck - 11:28pm. Drats.

After logging on to read the news, I went back to sleep and that was when the dreaming started. The contents are irrelevant. But being devoid of emotions this week, it was surprising to feel so much from my dreams. Many times, I woke up because of the intensity. And it made me feel right again, somewhat.

I have no more surprises. No apologies. No desire for explanation. No need for excuses. Nothing. I'm also through with reminiscence. How does one shut off just like that? They just do. It's survival of the most denial.

So bring on the smiles. I'm done with feeling bad.