August 26, 2005

Way to end the week

The nastiest bit of writing financial brochures is missing out a miscalculation.

I looked at my copy sheet and I got the numbers right. In the initial artwork, the numbers were right. But on the final artwork, different numbers showed for a certain row. See, after proofreading a 6 panel brochure over and over, with a myriad changes from the client, there are some things that I'm bound to miss. And since I'm the wordist, and the client, the product manager, they should be picking those things up instead of fucking around with the words, which they always do.

They requested for this correction. But it didn't come out properly on the fax. And I asked the suit to clarify. But while she was taking her time to clarify, I picked up on a miscalculation in that spot. Then when she finally showed up, I asked her if that was it. She said yeah.

Long story short. The error was in the row above it. And the brochures had gone for express printing with the client's printers. I never saw a colourproof. They would have.

So now that they need to reprint the brochure, we're bearing half of the loss.

But I'm feeling double the crumminess.

I feel so, so bad.