April 10, 2005

Armed and dangerous

An email I just sent to everyone in the office. Grrrr!

Hello.

So here I was, sitting and working away, with a random playlist blasting away when I heard some alarm go off. It sounded distant and I thought, "Hmmm. Must be some vehicle in the public car park going bonkers."

But it went on for yonks. Then it occurred to me, "Shit. That's our alarm."

Scramble, run, panic, frown.

True enough, it was. And now either Alex* or I have to stay here and convince the Cisco guards that we weren't up to no good.

To that person who armed the alarm, would it kill you to check that there are people around? It's way after 7pm. The blinking lights in the Creative Department and 2nd floor are on. Walking out of the office, you would have noticed it and would have enough time to go back and disarm it.

And even if you're a scaredy cat like me, it would have been polite to send a mass email in the first place just to see if anyone's here.

Come on. Some courtesy please.

Norain

P.S. If it were nasty little pixies up to mischief and messing around with the system, then I take my rant back and request that something be done about these buggers.

*Name changed to protect that guy I just wrote about.