February 07, 2005

Electric company

Sunday turned out to be one of the most wonderful days of my life. It was slightly out of the ordinary - pure magic for the old fart living in monotony.

From morning to afternoon, I had a delightful conversation with a new friend - the kind that gets you thinking about kismet and to sum it up quite colloquially, makes you go hmm.

I snuck out of the house shortly after to meet Martin (in town, visiting his parents and in-laws) and Rob (wonderfully Sunday-slacking) at Muddy Murphy's and we were greeted by a rambunctious crowd of Marines - their presence more trouble than it's worth. The beers were good (can't go wrong with Heineken) but thanks to the lack of cushioning in the stomach, I got a little tipsy too fast. Which culminated in conversations and punchlines you'd never fathom sober.

After shopping for books, giggling with Rob over our common acquaintence Giles, like, who's delightfully like, Mancunian and witnessing some mad verbal sparring between 2 Caucasian tourists, we headed off for dinner. I don't know what possessed me to think of sushi, but sushi it was.

Kids, if you're playing along at home, "Don't drink on an empty stomach and consume raw fish after."

Now you're probably thinking that I got sick and paid homage to the porcelain Gods. But I held strong and walked away with only a fat head of ache. All of us full of rice, sashimi and insanely bad humour, we racked our brains for a bit before deciding what to do next.

"You know, some of us have to report for work tomorrow", says Rob, an Art Director.
"Pssccchhh... it's not like you're going to do any work", I replied.
"Heh heh heh. True."


So we ended up at a LAN gaming centre, a first for me and I couldn't believe how cheap it was. The game of choice was Warcraft III, one of the few computer games I've played this lifetime - and was addicted to. Needless to say, having ignored it for over a year, I sucked proverbial ass.

Then we parted ways and I went home to crash with my big, fat headache. Pain aside, I'm glad everything happened the way it did.

And even more glad I don't have to nurse a hangover this morning.

I don't know what Monday will bring but for now, I've got to get back to my favourite girl...

Hi Oprah.